Sunday 6 December 2009

Seasons

A few different people have mentioned to me recently that they love the changing of the seasons, and in fact it is one of the best things about living in England.


I am inclined to agree. Especially after a walk we did today to the top of Kinder Scout in the peak district in the freeing cold. The failing light (failing so much we had to use head torches for the last half hour) was pretty spectacular on the peat bogs and the red heather. 

I took loads of photos that I really like that I have uploaded onto Flickr, but I really can't figure out which one is my favourite - so here are a few for you...

Lucy facing the winds on Kinder plateau

DSC03041

Walkers in the distance above Jacobs Ladder

DSC03016

Footpath to Nowhere at the Start of the Pennine Way, Edale

DSC03062

Rock Formations on Kinder Plateau

DSC03046

3 comments:

Arjan said...

awesome.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Agreed. Most excellent. One of these days I'll come over there and see this things if person. Oh yes I will.

Sam said...

Arjan - Thanks!

Jeff - Well come with a raincoat as these clear-day pictures are pretty rare!