Friday 17 April 2009

Some Nice Time Off

When I was over in Australia, I clearly remember having a conversation with one of my Aussie friends in which I relayed to her that one of the things I missed about back home was the british countryside.

She appeared as confused as most Australians do when you say that to them as most of them don't even realise we have trees in the UK. Only the timely input of one of my other friends persuaded her that we had things like grass and hills. It is a very rare thing to find an Aussie who has managed to find their way outside of London.

I have mentioned this before, but I am really beginning to love the proximity of the peak district to my house. The weeks Easter holiday that I am on (purely because I have to use all of my holiday entitlement up) has really allowed me to go to ome places that I haven't been before - cycling and hiking.

DSC01158

Stanedge (The local climbing spot) as modeled by The Nurse

4 comments:

Arjan said...

that is one hell of an awesome photo!

Dan said...

I think there is something wrong with your camera though, it's gone all yellow

Arjan said...

c'mon Dan..you'll have to do better than that as your step in 'the war' ;)

Sam said...

Arjan - thanks!

Dan - actually it was just a very yellow day.