Sunday 5 July 2009

I Have Found a New Hero

I am not the kind of person that usually looks up to anyone. I hate our celebrity culture and if someone asked me who my hero was, I would rally struggle for an answer, possibly citing Tim Flannery of some ageing rock god.


I have found a new hero. He is a little short, overweight, as silly hair and is a complete geek. Not general hero material. But I agree with absolutely everything he says.

David Mitchell is one half of the comedy duo that wrote Peep Show. In my opinion the funniest comedy show EVER written. I am struggling to find a video that I can embed, but I have linked a you-tube clip here.

Recently I have discovered that David Mitchell is extremely funny, but also that he shares almost all of my opinions too. Surprisingly left wing and Tory hating for a Cambridge graduate, he now blogs regularly on 'Comment is Free' on the Guardian / Observer website and his articles are just about the only thing I laugh out loud at in this age of over-stimulation. Witty and clever - the only problem being that some of the commenters cant quite keep up with his point.

Here are some favourites on wheelie bins and Alan Sugar

What got me laughing today:

"They say a sneeze is like a mini-orgasm. Well, if my cock went off six times in a row every couple of minutes for hours on end I'd cut the blasted thing off"


2 comments:

Oli said...

Although I don't always agree with everything he says, I really like the way he writes, and have subscribed to his RSS feed.

If you like his column (ooh err), then you might also like his Soap Box - http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/davidmitchell+commentisfree/series/david-mitchell-soap-box

Sam said...

I do disagree with his pro-necrophilia ideas.

Wasnt as big a fan of hi soapboxes, but I havent watched them all. I cant really get away with video at work....