Monday 3 August 2009

Losing My Right Arm

I havent actually lost my right arm. What I have lost however is my Mac hard drive, all of my photos, all of my music, and all of my videos at the end of a pretty unsuccessful fortnight in the household (in which i had my sat-nav nicked, lost out on a job at work as well as the whole cat-thing). It did feel like my right arm.

It is for this reason that there has been no communication from me on the Hadrians Walk, little blogging and very little commenting. Wordpress, blogger and flickr have been blocked at work, and I have been confined to Lucy's virus infected tortoise like PC.

However, I have been to the Genius Bar at the Apple shop which I have to say is fantastic, you can say what you want about Apple trying to take over the world, but they do have a unique approach to customer service. On their recommendation, I have bought a 500 gig (non-apple) internal hard drive.

Screw you failed hard drive - now I have a hard drive five times your size! Ha!

Now I find out how much of my stuff I actually backed up properly.

6 comments:

Arjan said...

can't you get any of that stuff back with some kind of recovery program?
When I bought my current computer I told the guys at the computer shop to copy áll of my files from my old pc to my new one..they forgot My Documents and it got wiped. I let them recover it..most of it.

Whit said...

I've been there and I didn't like it. Best of luck to you.

Pa said...

At least it is your right arm which, as you are left handed, isn't quite as bad as it could have been. Hours of fun now getting it all back. If you have web space with your ISP you could back all your important stuff up to there. How did you get the sat nav nicked?

prague accommodation said...

I agree to what you have said Genius Bar at the Apple shop is really fantastic I've been there once and I've enjoyed a lot..

Arjan said...

I was going on about recovering and stuff..but I'm not sure if I understood it right..
you harddrive crashed too next to the job thing and the sat nav being nicked...

Sam said...

Arjan - I actually have a little used backup hard-drive so have got most of it back except for more recent photos

Whit - Thanks for your kind words at this difficult time

Dad - I got my sat nav nicked by leaving it on the car seat and not locking the door properly (all though I am not sure whether I left it on the seat or not because it wasnt there when I got back)

Prague Accommodation - Incidentally, I also like Prague

Arjan - my hard drive was completely gone, this was a sat nav unrelated issue.