Wednesday 22 August 2007

I'm not Crazy!

Just booked me a flight flight from Denpasar (Bali) to Australia in November over the phone which has cost me an absolute arm and a leg (and a few internal organs). The conversation went something like this:

Me "Hi I'd like to book a flight from Denpasar to Melnbourne, oh... no, actually I want to go to Darwin on the 17th of November"
Them "oh, its going to be a bit expensive as you will have to change in Singapore"
Me "Isnt there a direct flight?"
Them "There is on the 19th"
Me "That'll do"
Them "its booked up I'm afraid"
Me "Oh, what about on other days"
Them "Theyre all booked up"
Me "I'll go to Sydney then, have you got any flights there"
Them "you want to go to Sydney now (note, Sydney and Darwin are 000's of mile apart)? When do you want to go"
Me "I'm not bothered, the cheapest day"
Them "err, how about the 18th"
Me "ok that'l do,"

Following her wierd conversation with a guy who didnt know when or where he wanted to go, the lady seemed somewhat tentative about accepting my credit card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This rings a bell for me. Once, in the middle of Olympic National Park in Washington State, I was waiting for the bus back to Port Angeles, the nearest town. Eventually it came. It was SO full. I asked the driver When is the next bus? He said Hours away! So I asked what about the next bus in the other direction? He said half an hour. He said Do you know where that goes? I said no, but I caught it.

Sam said...

The definition of freedom! Some people find it hard to understand...