Friday 28 December 2007

Birds of My Balcony

This is probably really boring mundane stuff to Aussies, but over the last couple of days we have had a number of visitors to our balcony (and we're not used to it!). So we have been birdwatching Bill Oddie Style and have seen:


Daffydd the Noisy Miner (actually there are several noisy miners - but we just pretend they are the same one) 


Larry and Lorry the Rainbow Lorikeets (these are Lucy's names by the way - she wanted to call her hamster Hammy the Hamster)


Damien, the Harbinger of Death.


And of course, Bruce the Laughing Kookaburra.


6 comments:

Yaniv said...

That's really cool! Are there cockatoos in the area?

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I love lorikeets. We had a blast feeding them at the San Diego zoo. If you hold a cup of nectar, they line up on your arms trying to get some.

Dan said...

Your Lorikeets certainly beat my Blue Tits.

Sam said...

Yes, Cockatoos everywhere, but I am unable to lure them to my balcony.

Lorikeets on the other hand, are easy. You can apparently hold out sugar and even the wild one will eat it out of your hand (not sure how good this is for beak disease though)

I have never seen your blue tits Dan?

Whit said...

We used to have two blue jays that lived on our balcony. We'd sit and watch them eat the cat's food for hours. I don't know why the cat never put a stop to it.

Anonymous said...

lucky you, i get vultures and eagles near my window. by the way im typing with my half gnawed left foot.