Monday 11 August 2008

The RouteBURN

I am in New Zealand at the moment. Did I tell anyone I was going to New Zealand? I can't remember, everything has been such a confused mess of activity over the last week or so.

Its Tuesday morning. We spent yesterday (our first full day) doing the first 8 hr leg of the Routeburn track (allgedly one of the top 10 walking tracks in the world). The scenery is like nothing I have ever seen before. It is literally like walking through middle earth!

I can't upload any pictures as yet, but here is link to some (entirely random) photos of the region.

4 comments:

Arjan said...

Looks awesome! A friend of mine has gone to New Sealand 2 years in a row..and I think he'll keep coming.

..Don't loose any rings in mount Doom ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic.
If you want you can have my house for a week or two when you get back. I don't seem to have your mobile number so I can't phone you.

Anonymous said...

I want to go to New Zealand Damnit.

But then again I wouldn't like to have your big ears, so i guess it all balances out.

Sam said...

Arjan - I was safe, Mount Doom is in the North Island!

Dad - Mobile number is on the bottom of my emails. I will beeading off around Tuesday midnight UK time

Dan - I think you would love it for the photography and the fact it isn't too hot (at least in Winter). When Amy and Evan are old enough to travel it would be definitely worth considering.