Friday 7 November 2008

An Edgy Weekend

For those who don't know. I work in industrial / commercial energy efficiency and carbon management. Workloads are ever increasing (as are energy prices). Not to sound bigheaded - I am fairly in demand as are many of my colleagues. Therefore I have never felt any real fear about an economic downturn.

However.

I do have an understanding that when the proverbial hits the fan in the economy - it is those in non-essential services who will feel it first. City centre workers in offices doing marketing, selling luxury goods, providing advice and consultancy much the same as mine.

Also.

The majority of my co-workers (my department excluded) operate in the property market. Either directly or indirectly. You may have heard - the property market aint so boyant at the moment. This has made me fear for my company's ability to be profitable (I am loyal to my company). This has made me fear for my colleagues (and friends) wellbeing who have a much lighter order book than ours.

I am told there will be an announcement in the office next week.

I will spend the weekend sweating.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

what a nasty way to let people spend the weekend..

Sam said...

Yeah exactly.