Friday 29 May 2009

Out of the Frying Pan, into the Damp

On Tuesday I got back from my walk along the Cumbria Way with my Brother Dan, Craig (who I will from henceforth refer to as "The Walking Binliner", as he wanted a special name) and several other of their friends. I was going to post something up here about the delights of trekking through the Lake District, but I think Dan pretty much has it covered. Besides which - since my accident with my camera a few weeks ago, I am unable to easily take photographs and have no visual record of the event.


Tomorrow I am travelling once again to Canada for work. Its funny the jealousy I get in the office. I think they believe that its all 5 star hotels, limos, glorious sunshine and frolicking around when working abroad. When really it is losing two weekends to travel and working extra long hours for no extra pay or time off.

Lucy even said to me 'at least you will get a tan!'. I have tried to explain that when I am not wokring in a factory, I am sitting bored in my hotel room watching Simpsons and Family Guy repeats. She still doesnt seem to understand.

Not that I begrudge it - I am getting vast amounts of experience on the job, working in different environments, so I will always volunteer. But it is still work!

On the subject of travel, I have recently set some clevel little widgets up on iGoogle, which allow me to see weather in different parts of the world. I couldn't help but notice this:
Where I live:

Where I am travelling to:

Bugger.

No comments: