Sunday 17 January 2010

A Hughes in Iran

Ok, so my blog posts appear to be following a bit of a theme (you can see the last post on the subject here), but I really like this bit of the film, with the red bus traveling across all kinds of dangerous mountain passes. It seems to pretty much capture the spirit of the adventure.


Plus I got 7 comments on the last post, which is pretty spectacular for me, given that I pretty much never post comments on other peoples blogs (though I do read them!). I am one of those annoying people who sneaks silently through blog posts, keeping myself informed, but never giving my hand away (or at least thats how I like to think of myself).

Blogging time is going to be pretty short in the coming weeks, given that I have just worked all weekend and am most likely going to have to do the same next weekend. I have some good stories all banked up in my mind that I want to transfer to paper, but am having trouble finding time and motivation to spit them all out.

Also, when is a guy supposed to climb god dammit!

Anyway, here is the video. I particularly like the bit about leaving the engine of the bus permanently running to stop diesel and oil freezing.



p.s. For information Clive, mentioned in the first sentence is my uncle.

3 comments:

Arjan said...

a great journey, impossible in this current time :(

Nota Bene said...

how annoying is it that I've come from your brother...great film, and I'll have a gander through the rest of your posts too

NB

bon bon said...

what a treasure that your dad (and his friends) had the insight to film their travels! and it's pretty professionally done too as far as documentaries go. makes me wish my family had some ambition. but then, i wouldn't have had the ambition to transfer the film to a dvd.