Thursday 13 September 2007

3 Days, 2 Weddings, A Leaving Do and a Birthday

One seriously heavy weekend just past, I am just about recovering from my hangovers and beginning to feel at least slightly normal again.

It began with a Thursday night leaving do for one of my best friends, this is the guy that I lived with for four years at University and one of the few people who I have kept touch with (despite our raging arguments about the difference between "mess" and dirt" which tended to turn violent). We spent many an evening listening to Stevie Wonder or sitting in the student union (with "Under the Bridge" practically on a loop) with a 40p can of Coke (we couldn't afford much else) staring at the sloany Leed student girls (we couldn't afford these either)

Anyway, this particular friend is being posted to Afghanistan in a few months after training which came as a bit of a shock (particularly to his girlfriend). So I thought I would put on a message here to wish him all the best.

Then came the hour long drive from Leeds back home and a night out with the guys for my mate from school Robs birthday. We met up with one of my old chums who is back from living in Greece. It doesnt matter who is there or where we go, these nights always end heavily. It was around 1am when the barstaff got fed up with us shouting and generally being a nuicance (despite being the only customers). Remenicant of the time in Valencia we got thrown out of a metal bar - A METAL BAR, Playing Metal Music! for being too loud!!

Robs girlfriend said it was good that all my school chums were still good buddies despite all moving away. I explaind that it was because you cant export a sense of humour like ours.

The hangover was pretty difficult to deal with at work the next day...

Following straight on from this was the wedding marathon, two great friends of mine tied the not, which prompted much further (difficult) merrirment. Rather than write too much about the weddings, I thought I would post a few pictures up (see below). Although I will proudly boast that I won 20 quid in the sweepstake for how long the best mans speech would be at one of them. And despite a shameless sprint for the bouquet Lucy lost out to a 6 year old. Looks like you'll be waiting a while now Luce.


Robs Birthday


www.flickr.com






Mels Wedding


www.flickr.com






Rachels Wedding


www.flickr.com





No comments: