Tuesday 9 October 2007

*&%$@

My work have blocked facebook. This angers me greatly.

This angers me not because I really want to look at facebook. It is the principle that makes my blood boil!

For those who dont know me, I work long hours. Long hours with long commutes added on the end. I earn directly over £80k for the company, of which I estimate that a good £45k must be pure profit.

The IT department trust me to work extremely long hours with no overtime. They trust me to earn the money which keeps them in a job (as non fee earners). I am trusted to sell work all over the world to clients in large blue chip companies. They dont trust me to use Facebook sensibly! What the &%*$£)"*!!!!! Its like being treated like a child!

Oooh, if I wasnt three days from leaving (I would probably have a good moan).

Anyway. In protest, I am going to spend as much of the next three days (apart from tomorrow) on Blogger.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to ring and tell them.

There are actually sites which you can use to access blocked pages like facebook and stuff, just so you can stick it to the man.

Can't remember the UL of them though

Anonymous said...

Sorry, now I'm just using your blog to test something.

Anonymous said...

Aha! you only get a link to your webpage if you are not on blogger if you put http:// before the address.

That's bloody stupid, but at least I know now.

Anonymous said...

Work Nazis suck.

bon bon said...

oooooow, if i weren't working so much overtime myself, this would've angered me days ago!

Anonymous said...

Protest, boycott, riot!!! It is a shame how they enjoy our misery and bordom.

Sam said...

Thanks for the support. Fortunately now I am in asia, and those guys are stuck at their desks so it doesnt bother me so much now...