Monday 15 October 2007

RCWR Goes Global

Wow, looks like I never got to spend those three days on blogger, nor any time over the weekend either (much of the weekend was spent doing long hard goodbyes)!

Anyway, I am in Singapore now (having just got to my hostel), and by my reckoning I havent really slept for almost 24 hours now and I'm pretty knackered! First impressions of Singapore:

  • Boy do thse guys really love their PSPs (they're everywhere!)
  • Tubes with air con (and hardly any passengers) - Nice!
  • I sweat a lot

As you may have guessed, my first impressions are quite heavily influenced by the fact I have only seen the tube as of yet.

Over then next few days I hope to be able to post up some pictures and some more interesting stuff (when I have seen it). Also in the next week or so, there is going to be a new blogger on this site, in the form of my mate Pete.

As a side note, it would have been useful to know that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore BEFORE I walked through the airport with a mouthful of Wrigleys best.

8 comments:

Yaniv said...

Happy travels!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got there safely. WHY is chewing gum illegal? Put some pics up when you can.

Anonymous said...

You have left already!!!! I didn't know it was this week! have a great time DJ sorry I didn't see more of you on Friday.
lots of love BENNO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safely. I got thrown out of Singapore in my youth for having long hair and a beard! Chewing gum is illegal 'cos it is really messy stuff and it gets all over the pavements - quite rightly as far as I am concerned.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the big adventure is now underway and looking forward to reading your far flung blogs.

Whit said...

Gum is illegal? What kind of show are they running over there?

Sam said...

Thanks for comments guys. They have a serious fine culture here for the most innocent crimes like jaywalking. I notices a sign stating that if you cycled on a certain underpass you would be fined $1,000 (the equivalent of artound 300 uk pounds (I dont have a pound sign).

As for being thrown out Dad, they really dont like the place looking messy so I think that was probably a justified decision.

Hope to have some decent pictures to post up later today...

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough, I nearly made a joke about chewing gum when we saw you but I thought you'd find it a cliche. Sorry Sam, thought everyone knew about gum in Singapore!

Glad your trip is going well (apart from the bank card thing), but hey, all stories to tell!