Sunday 24 February 2008

A New Kind of Love

This week, I went here:

(Note: Neither of these people are me, I just found the picture on the internet - though a picture of me does exist somewhere)

To the distillery in the small town of Bundaberg about 5 hours drive north of Brisbane in Northern Queensland.

... and I fell in love.

Did I find a new girlfriend I hear you ask? A better model?

No, not by any stretch of the imagination. 

This love is a deeper, stronger kind. This kind of love is the sort that comes in a bottle!

The thing is , anyone who is familiar with rum (as I am - not an expert, just familiar) and has tasted a few of the better dark rums (I am partial to a little Havana or a Mount Gay) will know that Bundaberg rum goes down a little like Windolene and leaves a taste in the mouth that lasts longer than Marmite.

However while I was in town, a guy who lived there and was a like-minded detractor of the brand introduced me to this:

"Carefully crafted to deliver a rich, smooth liqueur experience like no other". According to the bottle.

And I was smitten. It turns out that when you turn the rum into a liqueur is tastes amazing. Unfortunately they don't sell this stuff commercially and you can only get it in one shop in the whole of Australia to which people drive from far and wide. We bought 6 bottles.

2 comments:

Arjan said...

I'll stay with my old love...beer.
But I might cheat sometimes, but I won't fly across the globe for this one I guess :)

bon bon said...

should i post my mailing address here in the comment section?