Thursday 14 February 2008

A Self Portrait(s)

A Valentines Day special of "photographs that make me smile"


I am not as a rule a big believer in Valentines Day. But when your Valentine is on the other side of the planet you have to make a concerted effort, if only for piece of mind. I have just got off the phone (or webcam) to Lucy who received my flowers and present this morning which earned me a decent amount of brownie points. Enough brownie points for at least 'two late nights at the pub', one 'forgetting to call' incident and a whole raft of 'leaving the toilet seat up's.

The problem is that I am still in brownie point debt due to one 'relocating to the other side of the planet' incident which will take me some time to work off!

Usually Lucy and I skip the overpriced restaurants on valentines day and wait until the weekend for a day getaway. We go to Leeds train station and just board the train to wherever we fancy and spend the day perusing shops and drinking in bars before getting the last train home. Over the last few years we have been to Harrogate, York and Manchester on our little jaunts. Unfortunately we wont be able to do that this year.

The photos above are part of a random selection that I had printed for Lucy for today as a log of Lucy's running obsession with holding the camera out and taking photos of us both (although I think that I was holding the camera in at least two of those).

We have had some brilliant times together, some of the above photos were taken in Croatia, in Spain, and in Sydney. I echo the sentiment of  Lucy's card to me, that 'I can't wait to spend the rest of my life having an adventure together' (puke)

Thats what you get for writing a post whilst listening to Jack Johnson 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to realise that mens' brownie points depreciate really quickly so you have to use them within a short time of acquiring them. Womens' brownie points, on the other hand, appreciate and can be used years after their acquisition.

Yaniv said...

Cute girl. Who's the bald dude? ;-)

Arjan said...

@ pa: and add the fact that minus points on men's brownie points can be used at léast twice.

Your girl looks like a good reason to fly back to the UK as soon as you're done in Australia.

Sam said...

You all want to be bald really. Admit it!!!

Look at all those famous attractive bald men:

Vin Diesel
Bruce Willis
That guy that goes out with Kelly Brook
erm...
er... Patrick Stewart?