Tuesday 16 September 2008

A List

A number of things have happened since I last posted on this blog:

  • I have been without the internet
  • 27 days have past
  • The number of hits on my site have gone from 35 per day to <5
  • The number of unread posts in my feed reader have grown to number in their hundreds (with Jerrychicken and Quit Your Day Job fighting to take most posts pole position)
  • I have moved from the business and beaches city of Sydney to the derilict industrial units, rolling hills and nightlife of Sheffield
  • I have swapped cycling to work in the sunshine for driving vast distances to work in the rain
  • I have developed a shed load of debt I need to pay off
  • I accepted a position in my old company (and have begun working with the same clients I was working with before I left)

Basically within the space of 1 month, my time in Australia has come to feel like a dream. Something that never quite happened. If it wasn't for the occasional emails I get from old work colleagues and the photographs (and the debt) I would actually wonder if had ever been at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tip, never get behind on quit your day job or jerry chicken. Following those two is like having a part time job.

Arjan said...

..yeah..what Dan said. I sometimes have to read upto 6 posts because I was away for a long weekend or so..really disturbing.

Anonymous said...

Pah ! Part Timers...

Look on the bright side, you no longer have to check under your toilet seat for bottom biting insects nor do you have to keep a wide berth when passing eucalyptus trees in case one of their evil teddy bears jumps out and bites you...