Saturday 10 May 2008

In Which You Die of Boredom

Those of you who know me well will understand that I am completely impatient with technology. Rather than learning how to use a software package by using help menus and the like, I would much rather ask somebody (much to the frustration of people at work). 


One example of this is that I couldn't figure out how to work WordPress through I want to move my blog over to it - so I asked my brother to do it for me (though I hope he knows I am with-holding payment until it is complete). I also only just started to use a feed reader (is that what they are called?) which may surprise all of you blogging purists.

The point of this gibbering is that it took me a total of 5 months between me buying my Mac and me opening up IMovie and beginning to use it. Then I discovered that it was a brilliant! Perfect for IT illiterate sods like me who can't use a computer. 

So I made this slide show of my Indonesia trip and opened up a YouTube account  (I only figured out how to embed videos a week or so ago) which is linked somewhere on the sidebar. I wouldn't recommend watching it all of the way through because It will probably bore you to tears, but I thought some folk might like it. Oh, and I apologies for the YouTube picture being cut off at the end - I couldn't be arsed to figure out how to get the whole picture on.

Next challenge, a podcast, though I have no idea what software to use. Any clues?



Completely randomly, The Artist also sent me this. I thought it was kind of funny.

2 comments:

Dan said...

use garage band for the podcast. It's on your mac.

As for the site. sorry about that but my list of things to do is huge at the moment. I might et round to looking at it properly next week at somepoint

Whit said...

I made a podcast on garage band. It's a little more difficult than iMovie, but similar concept.

I think I may move my blog soon, too. I never updated to new blogger and I'm thinking about making the leap to where all the cool kids (and your brother) are.