Saturday 3 May 2008

ETL (Estimated Time Until Lucy) - 34 Days

Its Lucy's birthday today.

Actually its not really Lucy's birthday yet, its about three in the morning for her, and as far as I know could be on a Saturday night out on the town with her friends. But it is her birthday for me, for I am 000's of miles away on the other side of the planet - where everything is upside-down and the time is 9 hours wrong.

But Lucy has finally booked her plane ticket out to Sydney, and the countdown to her arrival can begin with little over a month to go. It seems like a blooming long time, but then we will have effectively been apart for 8 months which has been pretty hard. And lets face it, with that amount of time to spare, I should really be able to get around to cleaning the toilet before she arrives.

So today as I am feeling a little bored and with nothing exciting to think about - I am writing one of the usual posts that I do when I have nothing excited to write home about: A dig into some of my old favourite photographs....


This was taken in the seaside city of Split in Croatia in 2006 I think. It was taken with my camera phone (not being a camera snob). 

You can just imagine what she was thinking about, the thousands of years of history, the wars, the celebrations that had gone into those beautiful ancient walls in Split's inner city....

... actually it was staged. I asked her to look vacant and stare up at the walls...

In other news, I put my bike helmet on yesterday and a cockroach fell out of it and ran down my back. Time to hoover the carpet methinks.

Update: for some reason blogger says it is Saturday when it is Sunday. I got excited at the prospect of an extra day off when I read it.

3 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

This is a fantastic shot Sam. I hope you have it framed in your house somewhere.

Whit said...

Aren't cockroaches in your helmet supposed to be lucky?

Sam said...

Jeff - It looks good from a distance. The trouble is the pixels when you blow it up!

Whit - I think thats possums in your cork hat.