Thursday 15 May 2008

Beers on Heads

So thats it. I'm 27 years old. There were no fireworks, no sudden enlightenment. Only an impending sense of doom. 


I got some very nice presents (the Thundercats DVD still hasn't materialized though), someone also baked a cake for me at work which was pretty cool (added to the chocolate that was sent to me in the post I am feeling pretty sick).

Tomorrow I go out to celebrate at the Opera bar (next to the Opera House unsurprisingly), pictured here on my last venture:

Not a bad venue to be spending your friday night I reckon. Very sophisticated and high class.

I have to say though that its on days like this that I miss gods country the most, I miss family, I miss friends, and Lucy obviously. I even created my first podcast with loads of Yorkshire artists on the other day, but still can't figure out how to upload it.

But most of all, on this day, on my birthday...

... what I wouldn't give for a good old game of cups in the Nook!

I've been trying to get these Aussies to play cups and do beers on heads in 'Rock Star fashion. But its not the same.

They're all off to Porto this year on holiday. I am very jealous. I will just have to go to Western Australia and New Zealand to  outdo them But in honour of them, I made this short video of our time in Valencia at the same time last year.



UPDATE: The neighbours brought more cake and a chocolate bar around. I think I may puke.

3 comments:

Avitable said...

Happy belated birthday!

bon bon said...

why you're still a "spring chicken" as my great-grandma used to say! then again, she'd say this about people in their 60's.

happy birthday, sam!

Whit said...

Happy Birthday! 27? I remember it like it was yesterday, give or take a decade.