Wednesday 29 October 2008

An Admission of Guilt

On Thursday night a couple of weeks ago I was shamed.

Lucy came back from her boxing class early and caught the Nurse and I in the cellar together.

Why we didn't lock the door I have no idea.

How we failed to hear her descending down the cellar steps I don't know.

We were deeply engrossed in our embarassing, self indulgent act.

We thought we were safe. We thought no-one would catch us.

As she burst in, surprising us - we were red faced. Downcast. Speechless.

There was nothing we could say.

Since that moment Lucy has told me that she is a little less in love with me. A little less attracted to me.

For on Thursday night a couple of weeks ago, Lucy came back from her boxing class and caught the Nurse (Paul) and I playing war games with our old citadel miniatures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it has been 4 years and I have only just figured out your closet geek!

(well I guess it beats drug, booze and girls! But still...)

x

Anonymous said...

o oo can I play?

Arjan said...

@ Lucy..you just wait..drugs, booze and girls are minor problems ;)

I always say 'don't ask, don't tell' about warhammer haha.

Sam said...

Sadly dan you cant play as I am no longer allowed. Lucy has boycotted my space marines.

The first rule about ... was dont talk about ... but I guess I just broke that one.

Arjan said...

give her some sisters of battle..
Boycotting it is unfair..go find something that you can boycot that she likes..see how fast the boycot gets lifted :) *or not*