Wednesday 7 January 2009

How I Spent my New Year

11.56pm:

The Artist "I know, lets get shots in for everyone ready for New Year!"
Me: "Yeah great idea"
We go to the bar.

11:57pm

Me: "Can I have...how many of us are there? ... er six shots of sambuca"
The Artist: "No ... er... seven"
Me: "seven shots of sambuca please!"
The City Worker: "I don't like Sambuca"
Me: "OK. six shots of Sambuca and one shot of Tequila please." turns to friends "I hope you all have some money because I am not paying for all of this".
The Artist scrabbles around in his pockets.
The Artist: "I think I can pay for about three of them?"

11:58pm

Me (snatching up The Artist's money): "Can I pay by Card? Have I got time?"
...
Hands over card.
...
Waits.

11.59pm

Barmaid hands over chip and pin machine.
...
Me: "Oh you seem to have put the wrong amount in here. It says £1.40"
Barmaid takes back chip and pin machine.
...
Waits.

12.00am

Barmaid hands over card terminal.
...
I enter my pin. I hand back the terminal.

12.01am

I collect my drinks.
I return to my friends.

Oh. Its too late.

"Shots anyone?"

1 comment:

Arjan said...

Sambuca is some nasty stuff though.

A friend of mine once mistook a cola bottle filled with sambuca for the bottle of water and tried to use it to wash his mouth after brushing his teeth (we were at a festival). Well that was an odd surprise ;)