Sunday 1 June 2008

Baptism of Fire

I have been somewhat neglecting my little portion of the interweb of late. Lucy has been here an we have been pretty busy running around, climbing cycling etc. This weekend we headed to the Manly Food and Wine Festival. We ate food and drank wine. Two of my favourite thing to do in the world (apart from drinking wine - I am not a big fan). Anyway, the sun was shining and the food was thai. So all good.


DSC02057

So on the the "Baptism of Fire"! 

Lucy has been cycling for approximately 1 week. During this time she has made it to my work and to the climbing wall and ever to Manly and back (which is about 8km or so). 

So today we thought we would get out of the city and have a bit of a cycle around in the sunshine. Unfortunately being the kind of a guy that I am, I can't just do a little cycle ride. We caught a train up to the central coast and had a bit of a ride around it pretty hilly up there and we got quite tired. Stopping at the local tourist information we spoke to a woman who told us that you could get a ferry from nearby and sail across to Palm Beach. I had ridden quite close to this before.

This was like a red rag to a bull for me. I suddenly came up with the bright idea of sailing to Palm Beach and riding the 'short distance' home.

We set off from the ferry terminal and it started to rain ... and it never stopped. 60km later and we were home. Soaked through to the bone. Needless to say I was not in the good books. Anyway I managed to take a couple of photos before the rains... including one of some grazing cockatoos.

DSC02069
 DSC02074

DSC02091


3 comments:

Whit said...

It may have sucked at the time, but I'm sure you'll look back on it fondly. I'm talking about the trip in the rain, not drinking wine.

Arjan said...

Manly food sounds like the perfect name for a meat restaurant ;)

Getting soaked always sucks haha.
Bunch of nice bird pics though.

Sam said...

There are a lot of nice birds around Sydney!