Sunday 8 June 2008

Govindas

Time for  random review:


Last night Lucy and I made it to Govindas. A brilliant little place tucked away between the strip clubs and brothels of Kings Cross. The basic premise is that you go there and have a vegetarian buffet, then you go to the floor above and they have loads of sofa/beds and cushions everywhere and you watch a film on the big screen.

The food was really good except for the fact that both Lucy and I have the tendancy to massively overeat when faced with a buffet situation, and all through the film I had to lay in a certain position so as not to puke.

The film was 'Gone Baby Gone', which I would recommend. As much of a fan as I am of Kevin Smith fans and all that. I really think Bed Affleck should quit acting and stick to directing. Though his brother (the lead role) isn't at all bad.



Excellent twists in this one. All in all 3 and a half Rabbit Raisins for the experience (appreciated that everybody outside of Australia probably had this movie about 3 months ago).

No comments: