Friday 6 June 2008

Fight!

More consistent bloggers and regular users of the Interweb have probably heard of this one a number of times. When we were having a discussion at work about whether it was terrajoules or terajoules and the stupid spellchecker couldn't help us out, a colleague suggested that we use Googlefight to sort our problem. Basically the site compares how many hits on Google each word gets and then has a little graphic that hows a little fight to demonstrate the winner. The victor was the one we assumed to be the correct spelling.


So I spent the next half an hour on this and fought a number of words against one another. Unfortunately allthatcomeswithit whoops rabbitconfusedwithraisins by 1630 to 413 and Dan Hughes Beats Sam Hughes by 611,000 to 563,000 which was quite disappointing.

This could be something to do with the fact that Dan Hughes is an important conductor on the Pennsylvania Underground Railroad, Sam Hughes was the mere Canadian Minister for defence during World War 1 and apparently made some poor procurement decisions!?

Good looking guy though.

Anyone else got a Wiki counterpart?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We both beat "megan Hughes" though, which is how it should be

Arjan said...

I don't got a wiki counterpart..but searching for my name usually ends with a guy who has lots and lots of pidgins and has them fly around Europe.

Btw..I beat my brother (from Daily outburst by twice the amount of hits. But that's probably because of the pidgin guy.

Sam said...

Dan - 'Megan', is that even an actual name?

Arjan - I thought you were the Pigeon guy?

Arjan said...

no the only pidgeon's I see on regular basis are those on the balcony of my flat waking me up in the morning

bon bon said...

awesome! i will now refer all conflicts to googlefight! i'll begin with what i'm making for dinner tonight...

bon bon said...

dammit!

Sam said...

Arjan - I would like to have pigeons waking me up in the morning at the moment I have to contend with Kookaburras.

Bon Bon - It wasn't leftover chocolate cake then?