Monday 16 June 2008

A Blogging Right of Passage

Something that makes me smile, and seemingly something that all bloggers seem to do at some point - a brief look into the google searches that have brought people to my site (and therefore the searches for which my blog ranks highly on google):


"Rabbit farm technology" obviously after my secret insights into advanced cloning techniques.

"Cheers big ears" for some reason quite a few people have searched for this? I have unfortunately been relegated to 8th on google for this search from my previous third.

"Nice man photos" Nice photos of a man, or photos of a nice man? Should I be concerned?

"Will my boy hurt his babies?" this one is definitely a little worrying.

 "What they say about big ears" always with the big ears!

"Lombok mushrooms" If this person is going to Lombok, they are unlikely to miss the 'special mushrooms'

"Gili Islands ATM" definitely sympathise with this person and can categorically tell them that there is no ATM on the Gili Islands as we found out on our visit last November.

"Lying and stealing at work" maybe expecting a 'how to' guide

"What is a 60 degree angle?" erm...

"Hotel Jam-Jaman" (searched for on Indonesian google). hotel Jam Jaman is Indonesian for pay-by-the-hour hotel if you are interested in knowing what this person was after.

"Rabbit gadgets." 

4 comments:

Oli said...

Here are some of the search times which led people to my website:

Sir clement freud's joke
Big busts or bums
Trading stuff
Is my boyfriend an alcoholic
Getting rid of seagulls
Hot ginger girls
Microwave cake
Grey snot
Appalling jokes

It's an eclectic site, but some of the search results are downright bizarre!

Anonymous said...

the strange thing is that all those searches are from me.

Whit said...

I've been meaning to do a post like this, but all of my searches are sexual- like nasty. I'm not sure I want to encourage it.

That said, tell your brother to quit searching for that stuff.

ACG said...

if your google

you know you drank too much

you end up on my blog.
I'm not sure if that is good or bad.