Thursday 12 June 2008

Special Guest Post

Well, I’ve volunteered to take the plunge and enter the world of blogging. Not sure how great I’ll be but I’ll give it a whirl!

I’m Lucy, Sam’s long suffering (!) girlfriend, the brains behind the brawn, the one who has given up the mean streets of Manchester (apologies to anyone from Manchester, maybe that was just my street!) to move out to sunny Sydney. I have been here 3 weeks now.

The big surprise went really well. Sam’s face was a picture! I managed to meet his friends before hand and then I hid out till Sam was in the restaurant. I cannot believe how nervous I was! I was shaking like a leaf when I walked in and was just so overwhelmed when I saw him sitting there, I couldn’t even say anything I just stood at the table and waited for him to look up. He just looked SO shocked and I think it took about 10 seconds for him to register it was actually me standing there in front of him.

I think the whole ‘surprise’ experience brought home to us both how hard these past 8 months have been. Okay, so I haven’t been wallowing but my friends and family will tell you that I certainly haven’t had that sparkle in my eyes and spring in my step. But now we are back together again, and it feels great having my best friend back with me again. (Okay we’re a soppy couple!).

The past 3 weeks I have been looking for a job, which hasn’t been easy at all. I am trying to get work in the education sector as I hope to go on to be an education psychologist and assumed that by having good educational and work experiences I would be able to find work easily. Apparently teaching staff is the one thing they do not need in Sydney, and have a list of 20, 000 qualified teachers all waiting for full time employment. So this makes things a little difficult.

But I can’t complain I’m in Sydney! I’m seeing lots of Australia, I’m back with Sam, I get to read and chill out all day, and the more I put off work, the more Sam has to spoil me and pay my way! So it’s really a win win situation!! And anyway I have been applying for a lot of jobs so something is bound to turn up eventually, hopefully!

6 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Hey Lucy, welcome to the world of blogging. And when I say "the world" I mean literally.

It's been a blast getting to know you through Sam's mournful posts. I'm just glad you two are finally together so Sam can stop whining about how much he misses you.

Look forward to hearing from you again!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I second what Jeff said. Sam's whining was getting really tiresome. I've heard that his other girlfriend Sheila was getting fed up of it too.

Sam said...

Lucy - where did you get my password from??

Jeff - now I can wine about the mess.

Dan - you remember the first rule about Sheila...

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

So..... where is toilet? Hehe))) Joke, relax ;)
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Опыт это нечто что приобретается сразу после того как это нужно
!!!