Saturday 12 July 2008

Ok So I Was Lying

I said I wasn't going to post this week on my trip to Queensland, but I have found myself sitting in an internet cafe in Hervey Bay waiting for Lucy to finish a job application form.

We picked up our camper van yesterday from Wicked Campers (which is the norm for backpackers in Oz - mainly because they are extremely cheap).

I was a little worried by the idea of using Wicked but unfortunately our other camper van that we wanted fell through. I was worried not because they were poor quality, or because they are expensive. Basically Wicked gains product differentiation by daubing graffitti, pictures and slogans all over their vans. Some of the pictures are pretty tanme, this morning we passed one with the cookie monster painted on, but some of them are a lot worse.

When you pick up a Wicked camper there is an extremely high chance when getting one, that yours will be fairly obscene. I have seen plenty of rude phrases and pictures of naked women etc, etc.

Anyway, we got lucky. I am looking outside a the van now and there is just a pitcure of the 7 dwarves from Snow white on the side ... oh no ... let me look a bit closer ... thats right the 7 dwarves are performing unmentionable sex acts with 7 sheep! All with very happy innocent smiles on their faces ... the perverts.

Actually thats not true - only five of the dwarves are perfoming unmentionable sex acts with sheep. One of the dwarves has obtained a little stool from somewhere and is perfoming unmentionable sex acts with a cow! And his little dwarf friend is helping to hold the cow. Nice.

We woke up this morning on Rainbow Beach which was absolutely stunning. Unfortunately I cant post any pictures as I dont have the correct cable.

We also got the van stuck in some sand and had to get it pulled out by a passing 4x4. But thats another story ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the wicked website. I'm surprised they get away with some of those designs, and I'm sure they will lose some custom from prudes like myself.

I'm still jealous though

Arjan said...

those vans are wicked!! I like them haha.

Sam said...

The only good thing is that it was hard to figure out what the dwarves were doing unless you studied it for quite a while.