Monday 28 July 2008

This is my Brother

This is my brother.


His name is Dan.

He lives on the other side of the world, and also here.

Once when I was young I slammed his head in my bedroom door so he punched a hole right through it.

Once he also convinced me to trade my VHS vide recorder for his Betamax plus a few old recordings of Japanese Godzilla flicks.

He has grown up a bit since then, but still has a face like cross between Santa and an Orang-utan

Dan is on the finishing leg of his mammoth Dales Walk , a fundraiser that he is undertaking for the Joseph Salmon Trust which you can read about here.

I don't think I have a lot of readers, but I would implore those that I do have to go over to Dans site and see exactly what he has been up to, and give a little bit of money if it can be spared to take that total a little bit higher for Dan on his return from his walk.

Here is a little bit about the Trust

"The Joseph Salmon Trust supports parents who have lost a child by providing financial assistance to those who need it most. This may be to help with funeral costs or to allow the self employed a break from work while they come to terms with their loss. Grieving families have enough to deal with without worries about where they will find the money to say goodbye to their child or pay the next electricity bill. Nothing we can do can make their situation better, but we can do something to stop it getting worse."

6 comments:

Whit said...

You boys are so sweet to each other.

Anonymous said...

Dont forget about the time he used to pin us down and pretend to spit on us...letting his disgusting saliva dangle in our faces before sucking it back up....or maybe he only did that to me! :(
It took me ages to realise the more I screamed, the greater the chance he would "lose control" of his spit and "accidently" cover me in his horrid slobber!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

megan - Holy crap... is there some kind of user's guide for older brothers?! My brother did the exact same thing to me. Plus, as an added bonus, he would sit on my face and fart. I think the interrogators should consider this method over waterboarding. It's much more traumatic.

Arjan said...

haha darn..I think I'm lucky I'm the older brother..never dangled spit over my younger brother though..I must reconsider it now *mwuahahahah*

Did you or Dan ever have such a dirty face as Dan's son?

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

bon bon said...

"Santa and an Orang-utan"

touché.