Friday 11 January 2008

Alone Again

I just got back to my flat from going with Lucy to the airport for her return flight ... which wasn't much fun. She was over here for just a month, but it was amazing how quickly we fell back into our old ways and got comfortable in Sydney life. She rapidly filled the flat with her presence and the female touch (and her dirty clothes), and now only hours after she has left - it already smells and I can't find the TV remote (Lucy usually finds it for me).


We had a fantastic last couple of weeks, taking in beaches, the zoo, christmas in the sun, fireworks on sydney harbour, the blue mountains, botanic gardens and ferry tours. 

Bizarre scenes at Taronga Zoo:


But we tried to make the last couple of days a bit special, and went to the Opera House to watch an absolutely brilliant production with tickets bought for us by my friend The City Worker. The funny thing was he told us "the good thing is that there is no singing or dancing" when I spoke to him the other day .... it turned out to be a contemporary dance production. But as I said - it was really good! We also hit the opera house bar which has some spectacular
 views.

The Opera house by Night:

So after a fantastic couple of days, the hour journey back was a little tortuous and depressing. Nothing could really make me laugh tonight, but if I was going to laugh at something - it would be this supremely balanced piece of journalism that I found in the local train newspaper:

It must have been a slow day for news.

No comments: