Saturday 5 January 2008

Writing About Writing

This blog is getting  little confused for me and I like things to be organised. I generally tend fluctuate between writing posts on topics that interest me such as ramblings bout climate change and politics (which no-one ever comments on), posts which will hopefully appeal to the majority of my readers who I think are largely family and friend keen to know what I am up to all of these miles away (which I try to minimise in an effort not to bore other readers), and posts for myself about things that have happened in the past in a kind of an autobiographical way which I can hopefully look back on in the future.


I began to make some kind of attempt to sort the whole blog thing out by trying to begin to use wordpress and separate out different pages in my blog, but to be completely honest (despite the fact it always lists english spellings of words as 'mistakes', and it never wants to post my pictures) I like the simplicity of blogger. What really pee's me off is the blogger logo at the top (though some people have managed to get rid of this?)

I took Jeff's spinning naked lady test over at View from the Cloud today and it told me that I have a right sided brain (i.e. I am artistic rather than mathematical). This probably explains that despite the fact I would like my columns a little wider, and wouldn't mind if everything lined up properly and pictures were evenly spaced. I really don't have enough interest in the detail to bother changing all the code and everything (hence the delay in the move to Wordpress - I cant even figure out how to upload multiple files from my Mac. 

If you look back through my posts, you can see the typo's littered everywhere (especially missing 's's as that button tends to stick), but I rarely have the patience to go back and change them all. I am so lazy that every time I have a problem with the blog or anything, I find it easier to email the expert rather than sort it out myself. 

As I speak, Lucy is in her last few days here in Australia and will be flying back to the UK soon (she is tapping away on the last of her essays as we speak). So the next couple of weeks will be pretty hard, though it will give me a little bit of a chance to return to my reclusive lifestyle and sort everything out on here (Dan - expect a lot of emails).

5 comments:

Dan said...

Try this to remove the blogger Navbar:

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-hide-blogger-navbar-in-new.html

does blogger support tags, because that is one way of organizing your blog posts, but I wouldn't worry about it too juch if I were you, most bloggers are pretty eclectic and all your posts seem pretty good to me.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Sam. I'll start posting comments more on your blog to make you seem a bit more loved. A few more pictures of the Oz women on the beach may get you a bit more traffic too :-)

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

According to my naked spinning lady, I'm center-brained, which is a curse because like you, I want to change my blog to make it prettier and more functional, but I don't have the excuse that I don't know how to do it - because I do. I'm just plain lazy, that's all. The naked lady doesn't say anything about that however.

Whit said...

I find your blog quite interesting.

Wordpress is for prats.

Did I use that right?

Sam said...

Well my brother is a prat and he uses wordpress. so in that sense it mot certainly is the correct use of the word.

Thanks anonymous whoever you are. Now I just need to get around to writing some new posts.

Jeff - its nice to know there are others like me out there.