Wednesday 18 July 2007

A Dog Called John

Lucy seems to be getting pretty broody at the moment (well as always). Every time we pass a wedding shop its "I like that dress" or "at my wedding I want...." Children are also mentioned a little too often, not helped by our recent trip to visit the older (and younger Hughes' Dan, Kerry, Evan and Amy). Despite the fact that my neice and nephew are adorable, the words "aw I want one..." are enough to send shivers through my spine! Not just that, but she seems convinced that the ideal family is FOUR kids! FOUR!

My response (other than spending half an hour ranting about morality and overpopulation in the world today) has always been "I would really like to get a dog, maybe a golden retriever or something... something clever and trainable" to which Lucy replies "but dogs smell, and they need constant looking after", hmm I think to myself, is this really any different from your suggestion.

So my thought is this (and Lucy this is my proposal to you):
  • If Lucy has a baby, I get to have a golden retriever.

  • If Lucy has two babies, I get to have a boys room with cinema screen, bar and poker table.

  • If lucy has three babies, I get to have a Lotus Elise

  • If Lucy has four babies, I get to have an affair...

Also, I want to call my dog "John" just because I think it would be funny. For reference below is a photo of (potentially) John:Disclaimer: conversations mentioned in this blog may not actually be representative of "actual" conversations held and the author takes no responsibility for any offence taken.

2 comments:

Pa said...

Unfortunately the the proportion of your income available for the purchase of the luxuries that you demand is inverse to the number of children you have. After four kids one night a month in the pub is about the maximum that you can expect.

Sam said...

Hmmm....

I think I can get around this by maintaining separate bank balances. Lucy pays for the children and I will pay for the other stuff.